|Manual Taste & Odor Filter
Manual Taste & Odor Filter Regeneration
1. Close valve on outlet side of filter (upper left side of filter)
2. Attach a 5/8 or larger hose to drain valve and open drain valve
Note: Drain valve is for regeneration only do not use for lawn etc...
3. Turn lever on valve to BKW (backwash) and let run until water is
almost clear (approx. 10 to 15 minutes)
4. Turn lever OFF (leave drain valve open) and remove cap on top.
Allow water level in filter to drain down about 6 inches
5. Pour directed (different depending on size of unit) gallon(s) of
laundry bleach in top opening and replace cap. FINGER TIGHTEN
6. Turn filter lever to SER (service) and let water run 1 minute. Turn
drain valve off and let filter soak for 10 minutes maximum. (soaking
longer that 10 min. can shorten the life of the mineral bed).
7. Open drain valve wide open and let run until water is chlorine free.
8. Close drain valve and open valve on outlet side of filter
NOTE: Failure to regenerate filter monthly or sooner if odor occurs can
ruin filter material in less that a month or greatly shorten it. Normal life
is 1 - 2 years.